: A TEACHER AFFECTS ETERNITY :

Friday 21 May 2010



 The earliest memory of a teacher, to me,
Is one which guided me to see,
This amazing world through my ABCs,
She bestowed me the gift of literacy.

Through these lenses filled with words,

I then took baby steps toward,
Facts and figures which formulate my thoughts,
I must say, I learnt a lot!

But lessons which have stayed true to me,

And did not become a fleeting memory,
Are those which my teacher imparted,
Through words and actions forever remembered.

I learnt to believe in what I could achieve,

Through a teacher who did not give up on me,
Although I was failing miserably,
I passed the final test, miraculously.

I learnt compassion, dedication and humanity,

Through a teacher who loved and touched the hearts of many,
Going beyond his call of duty,
Teaching, to him, is not merely for the money.

I learnt to rise up after a fall,

That I had strength after all,
From a teacher who persevered and whose wisdom inspired,
Her students to chase their dreams and to reach further.

So after all those years in school,

It came the time for me to choose,
Just what in life I want to do,
Just what it is I want to pursue.

It dawned on me,

A teacher is what I want to be,
A chance to give back to society,
And serving the needs of my country.

They say giving is better than receiving,

That is true, especially through teaching,
No price can justify the sense of achievement it brings,
When your students smiles at you in understanding.

They say 'A teacher affects eternity',

Guiding students from darkness into the light,
With all their might,
Now that I have chosen this noble journey,
I will honour my promise with all that is in me.

'A teacher affects eternity, you can never tell when his/her influence stops'
 
I WANT TO BE A GOOD SOPHISTICATED TEACHER, INSYA-ALLAH.
ESPECIALLY, TO MY OWN FUTURE CHILDREN.









 
 
*WINK WINK BLUSH BLUSH*

0 comments:

Post a Comment